Wednesday, March 12, 2008

SNAX PICKX

Both proprietary brands!

1. Trader Joe's Jumbo Raisin Medley. I barely liked raisins, only had odd-hour cravings for them and appreciated their presence in oatmeal, oatmeal-raisin cookies, and bran muffins, till I got this. About five of these raisins basically comprises a snack, and if you ever heard the phrase "plump and juicy" applied to a raisin before and looked down at teensy dried nuggets in your palm as the corners of your mouth turned down involuntarily, you should wait in that line, man. THESE RAISINS ARE AMAIZINS! I won't use them in my oatmeal--it's be like using Macallan for a whiskey and coke or something.

2. Archer Farms Jamaican Spice and Black Pepper and Sea Salt-flavor Baked Potato Crisps. You buy these at Target and at Target only; luckily I work near the hellacious Atlantic Avenue Mall, which is redeemed from fire and brimstone by these chips' righteousness alone (although the $14.99 Xhiliration bra special at Target also wins them points. I can't go in there and not buy chips and a bra! What the fuck?) These broad, flat chips have a brittle texture and lack the slightly sweet taste that bring down Baked Lays in my estimation. They're light while not lite, but the seasoning really makes them. When Archer Farms says pepper they mean real coarse-ground black pepper, that lingers in the corner of your mouth. Jamaica BBQ has a savory jerk taste underlying the pepper, while the black pepper chips simply have MORE PEPPER. Geniuses! My office can take down a big bag of these lickety-split.

No comments: